Share Love, Spread Love, Check the video and Subscribe.
The theme for the 2020 WMHD has been announced which is not like previous themes which included: 2019 Suicide Prevention. 2018 Young people & mental health.
- Around 1 in 5 of the world’s children and adolescents have a mental disorder. – WHO
2. Depression is one of the leading causes of disability, affecting 264 million people. – WHO
3. Almost 800 000 people die by suicide every year; 1 person dies from suicide every 40 seconds. Suicide is the second leading cause of death in individuals aged 15-29 years. -WHO
4. Around 1 in 9 people in settings affected by conflict have a moderate or severe mental disorder. – WHO
5. Less than half of the 139 countries that have mental health policies and plans report having these aligned with human rights conventions. -WHO
5 signs of mental illness
Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
Extremely high and low moods.
Excessive fear, worry, or anxiety.
Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping habits.
While a “traditional” mental health day generally includes taking a day off from work, it’s not necessary to call in sick to take a day to focus on stress relief. Everyone has to deal with varying levels of stress. This can be particularly difficult to manage if you also have symptoms of depression or anxiety. When you feel like your stress levels have reached their peak, it might be time to take a quick break to reset.
Knowing what you can expect to get out of a mental health day is important. It’s important to remember that it isn’t a day to hide from your problems.
An effective mental health day can help you:
- Get a handle on your emotions
- Reset your perspective
- Take a step back to evaluate
Things NOT to Do
- Avoid friends and family
- Smoke, drink, or use other substances
- Overeat unhealthy foods
- Ruminate or wallow in negative emotions
- Spend all day reading posts on social media
While one day off may not by itself cure burnout, a mental health day can definitely provide you with a much-needed (and well-deserved) break. A mental health day can be useful on occasion, but you should also strive to make your mental health a priority every day.
Words from my journal – Poem
My kind of mental health
Don’t be shy to say that I’m not ok
Don’t push yourself too much into other’s shoes
Quitting is not an option at all
The healing begins only when you accept that
You are hurt
You would not called weak
If you cry
Even sky cries
And it is brave enough
Lit your light within you
Which is in you
Believe that it is okay
And everything will be okay
Get in touch with me for anything you like to share
Get help here – https://www.mentalhealth.gov/
1-800-273-8255 (TALK FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION)
Any other information mail me at – email@example.com